Monday, August 27, 2007

A Tale of Something Or Other (The Parts One ~ Five)

The Part One begins.

I found Wednesday today on Wodensday, then up and down the hills I go... up and down... and through trees and over fields of wheat into the wider world beyond Wazzle Woods.

The breeze of summer shimmies through the trees and over my balls as I hold them safely in my hands. They are quite small and well crafted from clear Sodden crystal. I use them for scrying usually but today I am taking them for a walk. Past the hedge-rows where the hog grows I go, then up a tree and down again to find myself somewhere else.

I see a hedgehog looking at me from a hedge, or is it a hedge looking at me from a hedgehog I'm not quite sure.
"Good day to you hedgehog, I am Wizard Why," I say. The creature says nothing and shrugs it's shoulders before looking up towards the sky. Up there, there is a bird hovering high above which seems to be a hawk. It begins to circle in the cloudless blue before keeling away towards a cluster of trees that stand upon a small low hill half a hectare away.
"That," I say to the hedgehog "is a Chit Hawk my friend. They are scarce in these parts." The creature gives no indication of an opinion and curls into a ball in the shade.

I head towards the hill, the grassy hill with it's cluster of trees and find perched on a branch amongst the leaves is the little Chit.

To be continued when I continue to do it...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ O ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

...I continue to see it now...

The Part Two begins.

This hill has lush green grass which sways and bends gently, the trees are restfully rustling their leaves in the summer breeze. Something lives in everything here at a pace slower than a stone and faster than a ferret. I take a few steps and turn to see the view all around from this hidden vantage point, and as I absorb the sight of a small river and the undulations of the green landscape with trees and bushes and occasional other things, I remove my hat to place my Sodden balls in it.

The air dallies in my long hair as the strands of time ripple through it like the fingers of the sun's rays. I continue to turn as I look upwards at the trees which rotate in the blue sky so high and wide and green with leafy life, I grin and delight in the circular sky as my eyes widen with the wonder at the oneness of the world.

I despatch my slowly spiraling voice upwards to the high blue air..
"Oh hallowed space fill my happy face," just as a reply arrives *SPLAT* upon my forehead. I hear a high cry from the air..
"Chit chitty chit-chit!" It is the call of the Chit Hawk, and I see it's sparkle eyes look down at me from a branch with profound and starey gaze.


To be continued when the circumstance of continuation occurs...

**************** o *****************

...I feel the continuation is upon me again...

The Part Three begins.

The hawk launches into the air to fly further into the air over there and away. I wipe away the Chit's deposit with some grass and wonder if it could be a message, but it resembles no message I know.

The sun is high, I sit against a tree shaded by it's shadow and look at the undulations of the landscape. My eyes are drawn towards the Sodden crystal balls in my hat. I hold them up close to my eyes, eyeball to ball, then allow my gaze to enter them. In their mystic realm something vague begins to move and motion, like a figure coming towards me. I wait for the mists of time to clear the view when a voice says..
"Good day ye goggle eyed goat."
In all my time scrying tis the first time someone has commented on my eyes.
"Where are you?" I ask.
"I be 'ere where I be standin' on me legs 'ere."
"That sounds reasonable. What do you want?"
"I want me cow that I be lookin' for."
"He be scrying," says another voice.
"What he be crying about?"
"Who is this other person?" I ask.
"I be me," it says.
"Ah," I say.
"Yes," says the other "and I be me as you be you and he be he and we be all together."
"What?"
"We must be about our cow findin' now, and will bid ye farewell ye bog eyed bullfrog."
"Farewell visitors from the mists of time," and I listen to their feet walk through grass until the sound vanishes into the breeze with an occasional cuckoo.

I think this hill must posses a mysterious quality that lessens the power of vision in my Sodden balls and yet increases their sound. Eventually I lower them from my eyes and put them in my pockets.

As I stand to put my hat on, I notice two peasants a short distance away who are chasing a fat cow around a pond. The cow seems pleasant enough from what I can see from this distance, all black and white, and I hear it saying "Mooooo... ....ooooooon .....mooooooon," but I do not know why it says it. Strange days indeed I think. And then, lo! I look upwards to the sky and see a small white cloud which seems to be slowly circling the hill, and as I gaze upon it, I feel a distinct presence.

From the cloud a small hawk appears suddenly flying towards me with the cry of "Chit-chit chitty chit!!!"
Ever closer it comes through the air from up there to the air down here.

"Chit chit chitty-chit-chit!!!!"

"HOLY CHIT!!!" I cry.

...to be continued when I find it...

************ O ************

.....something is here that I see here it is...

The Part Four begins.

I turn to flee from the Chit Hawk and run into a tree, which creates pain and surprise throughout my head. I instantly fall to the ground and sleep for a while.

In this sleep I am visited by a hedge that is riding a hog, and it says to me..
"I am the hedgehog."
"Indeed," I reply.
"They are the hedgehogs," it says. I look around but cannot see anyone else.
"I am the walnuts!!" it exclaims.

The hedge turns the hog around and it wobbles as they trot up a hill and down a dale then up a dale and down a hill to return in front of me for the hedge to say..
"....sitting on a cold lake.. waiting for the bath to come.. .....stupid bluddy Wodensday!"
"What a magical and wobbly thing," I observe.
The hedge then rides the hog up a tall tree and onwards into the sky where they float over me as the hog drops dung from a great height.

The force of the dung causes my eyes to open from the dream and to realize my head hurts. Rising from the grass I look about to see if the hedge on the hog is riding anywhere near, but it appears not. The peasants and the cow are no longer running around the pond at the bottom of the hill, and I decide to wander to the stream a little further on.

And so up the cheam and over the beam to meet the stream I go, where I apply water to my head and hear a voice..
"I am Tornuk Donk, a traveling musician, and my loot is bent."
"Ah yes," I say. "I am Wizard Why."
"Your guess is as good as mine," he replies, and then continues "mmm, I have heard of you... there is a song that some sing in the west kingdom about you.
"Oh really, how does this song sound?"
"I only know one verse and it goes like this.." He picks his loot and sings..

"Oh Wizard Why
Oh why oh why
Do you put your Sodden balls
In your wizard eyes
Wizard Why
Oh why?"

"Hmm," I say. Then I sense something galloping towards us as the sound increases, and a low voice shouts..
"Mooooo.. ...ooooonnn!"
We turn to see a cow running by, and it turns it's head to look at us briefly as we watch it charge around the hill and out of sight.
"It has no arms," says Tornuk Donk, "they never do."

... to be contintued when the powers see where it has gone...

***********oOo************

...the continuation is upon me and I see it now....

...'tis gone.....

....'tis back again....

The Part Five Begins.

We walk and talk along the stream and consider for a while the subject of cow's arms. Then Tornuk Donk tells me he is journeying to Kakatak Castle where King Alfredfred has requested his jubilatory services for the Queen's Pageant.

I tell him I am taking my balls for a walk although I usually leave them at home. He ponders this for a moment and then enquires if, being a wizard as I am, could I straighten his loot. I reply that I can give it a try, then take the loot from him and hit it across a boulder and smash it.
"I forgot to say the incantation first." The two main fragments are held together by the strings and I hand it back to him.

The musician becomes silent and thoughtful whilst the afternoon becomes balmy in the heat as the breeze drops. Tornuk Donk soon takes a turn on his way to the castle, whilst I decide to continue and go around the bend with the stream and visit Roderick Tod who is an odd bod that lives in Log-on-the-Bog.

I walk and walk some more as I eat Wortleberries from the bushes and collect certain plants to put in my pockets and pouches. Eventually I meet a peasant and ask after Roderick Tod, and the peasant informs me..
"Rod Tod be in Log-on-the-Bog but this be Bog-in-the-Log, to find Rod on the Bog go to Bog-in-the-Bog by the big bush to Bog Off and left for Log."
"Ahh, I am sorry. I think I meant Broderick Tog of Kog-on-the-Bog."
"Oooh, well in that case if ye want Brod Tog of Kog-on-the-Bog ye should head for Klag-on-the-Wag past Boil-in-the-Bag and turn left at........"

...to be continued when I find the bog......

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the little chit doesn't turn out to be a little shit for you Wizard Why. I'm also very pleased your balls turned out to be made from Sodden Crystal.

Wizard Why said...

My balls are magical and crystal indeed, and a little Chit in a tree is worth two shits in a bush.

Anonymous said...

In your continuation the Chit DID shit and the hallowed space DID fill your once happy face :)

Wizard Why said...

This is indeed the case, the Chit Hawk is a most gifted bird.

You have transformed yourself into two! What kind of magic is this!?

Anonymous said...

Anonymous magic, so you will never find out; don't bother asking Why ...

Tara LaMar said...

This story of your's is enthralling. I understand why the hedgehog curled up to take a nap.

I agree that the Chit shit but doubt the sky filled his face. Maybe it stole his balls, though. I can't imagine why.

Anonymous said...

That's right, they weren't even hairy Lunatica!

Wizard Why said...

Anonymous.. don't worry I won't ask why.

Lunatica.. It is not so enthralling for a hedgehog that is so. Yes the Chit filled my face, the Chit came from above where the Chit Hawk was which is where the space was also.

Anonymous said...

Your eyes don't really appear to be like a goats or bullfrogs and don't see much like them either. However, I haven't really seen them clearly yet ... only seeing through them.

Wizard Why said...

Indeed, I have put my crystal balls in my pockets in the image you see with the eyes in your head looking at the eyes in my head.

Anonymous said...

I've written another verse!

Oh Wizard Why
Oh why oh why
Do Chits n Hedges shit
In your wizard eyes
Wizard Why
Oh why?"

Tara LaMar said...

My eyes see all even from behind.

This is the neverending post, too much for me to read, I eyes won't stay still for that long. Read it aloud for me, please.

Some cows do have arms...or so I've heard and they are hairy.

Wizard Why said...

Anonymous.. Tis a fantastical verse fit for a Chit.

Ophelia Grim.. your eyes are a true marvel. If you imagine my voice when you read it then I will be reading to you.

Where you come from, that does not surprise me about the cows.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Wizard Why, don't strain yourself :) HEY you have turned around and have a different colour! I was mistaken, thought there was a new episode but there isn't - apart from Ophelia's episode ...

Anonymous said...

Remind me never to give you my loot! I know where there is a bonk in a bog! HAHA!!

Wizard Why said...

I seem to be undergoing transformations 'tis true.

Remind me to say the incantation first if you do give me your loot.